BARTOW – The Polk Regional Water Conservation Team and the Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) are working to bring rebates and incentives to water customers of Polk County. The goal is to help save water and money on water bills. Not all of the programs listed below are available at all utilities. Please call your utility provider to confirm participation.
Water Conservation Kits containing a low-flow showerhead, faucet aerators for kitchen and bath, toilet leak detector tabs, and more are available free of charge.
Toilet Rebates Homes and businesses built in or before 1994 that currently have 3.5 (or more) gallon per flush toilets would qualify for this rebate. Limit 2 per home. Rebate is $75-$100 per toilet. The utility provider must be contacted before removal and installation.
Rain Sensors Free wireless rain sensors are available if you currently have an automatic irrigation system.
Smart Irrigation Controller Rebate for homes and businesses who use more than 15,000 gallons of water per month. A 75% rebate, up to $300 including installation.
Landscape Retrofit Rebate for businesses, HOAs, and homes using more than 15,000 gallons of water per month. This rebate is approximately 75% (or up to $3,000) for those who agree to change out a minimum of 250 square feet of high water-use landscape and irrigation for Florida-Friendly™ plants and low-flow or no-flow irrigation.
Landscape and Irrigation Evaluation for homes and businesses who use more than 15,000 gallons of water per month. Our contractor will replace your current rain sensor and lower your irrigation run times if necessary, review your plant and irrigation placement, check for breaks and make recommendations for reducing your water use. Cost is free.
Who to Contact
- Auburndale — Rachel Mott — (863) 965-5500
- Dundee — Clifton Bernard — (863) 538-8330
- Haines City — Mary Hayes — (863) 421-3695
- Lake Alfred — Sue Gaudlap — (863) 298-5458
- Lake Hamilton — Sara Irvine — (863) 439-1910
- Lakeland — Daphne McCann — (863) 834-6193
- Mulberry — Ron Borchers (863) 425-1125 x-251
- Polk City — Chastity Hall — (863) 984-1375
- Winter Haven — Keeli Carlton — (863) 291-5853 x678
- Unincorporated Polk County — Jacqueline Hollister — (863) 298-4236